Research abstracts are invited for the WSC2019. The scientific committee will decide on the suitability of submissions for oral or poster presentations. Accepted abstracts will be published on the Proceedings of the conference. Abstracts will not be included in the abstract volume unless they are accompanied by a complete and paid registration. The maximum number of contributions per presenting author is limited to 1 ORAL presentation & 1 POSTER presentation.
Instructions for preparation of abstracts (Oral/ Poster Presentation):
Abstract for oral (15minutes) technical sessions and poster sessions should be no more than 300 words in length. Please download the abstract template given and follow the format carefully for your abstract submission.
Title: The title should be centered at the top of the page, 14-point type, in bold and in CAPITAL LETTERS, with the exception of scientific names which should be in lower case and italicized.
Author(s): Indicate the presenting author with an asterisk (*).
Address and Email: Type all author’s affiliation and full address. Only type corresponding author's email address.
Page Setup: A4 Portrait with 2.5cm margins on all sides.
Spacing: Single spaced.
Fonts: Character fonts should be Times New Roman 11-point type.
References: NO REFERENCES should be cited in the abstract.
- Submission will be reviewed by scientific committee and accepted based on the relevance to the congress goals. All submission will be acknowledged via email and notifications of acceptance will be made via email.
- Presenters for oral and poster sessions must register for the conference and are expected to cover their own registration, travel and accommodation expenses.
- Accepted abstracts will be confirmed by May 31, 2019. To be included in the Congress programme schedule, registration payment must be received by June 30, 2019. If you require a formal letter of invitation to secure funds or permission to attend the WSC2019 (eg. VISA letter), please contact the organizing committee at email@example.com
- Oral presentation should use PowerPoint only. Overhead projectors, slides and video players will not be available or allowed. PowerPoint presentation must be submitted in advance to the scientific committee (at least 2 hours before the presentation)
Submit your abstract via the online registration form. (https://wsc2019.com/registration)
Who should attend
All individuals who are interested in fisheries and aquaculture are invited. - Academicians, researchers, students, entrepreneurs, industry players, policy makers and seafood lovers.
Poster Information and Guidelines:
Presenters are strongly recommended to follow our guidelines below:
Overall size: The preferred size of the poster is A0 (841mm x 1189mm (33.1" x 46.8") in a portrait format. Please ensure that the poster is in English.
Poster number: Each poster panel will be labelled with a number. You will be informed of your poster number upon registration.
Title: The title should be short and should fit across the top of the poster. Authors’ names and affiliations appear below the title.
Abstract: This section is optional. If authors decide to include an abstract on the poster, it should not exceed 200 words.
Introduction: Keep this section short and clearly state the objectives.
Methods or Experimental Design: Keep the text to a minimum. Use graphics where possible.
Results: Graphs (figures) are preferred over tables. Include captions with graphics. Keep statements brief.
Conclusions or Implications: This section should be succinctly stated in large type. Many attendees read this first, hence it should be easy to understand.
References: Include the references at the end or bottom of your poster. Use numerical citation and number references in citation order.
Acknowledgments: Include this section when appropriate.
Please remember to remove your poster at the end of the congress. Posters that are not removed by September 11, 2019 (Wednesday) at 18:30, will be disposed. WSC2019 will not keep/ deliver forgotten posters to presenters.
Poster preparation Tips
1. The poster should convey highlights of a study in a format that can be easily read and comprehended in a short period of time, i.e., 3 to 5 minutes.
2. All the posters must be readable from a distance of 2 meters.
3. Graphs need to be carefully designed so that they are readily comprehended.
4. Please avoid colour combinations which are difficult to read in your poster.