Message from the host
"Penang beckons! Welcome to this UNESCO heritage site to discuss the future of seafood and the health of the world’s oceans. This September’s World Seafood Congress is the first to be held in Asia."
Who should attend
The World Seafood Congress is a biennial event bringing together seafood industry players from more than 75 countries under one roof.
- Fishers and aquaculturalists
- Government policymakers
- Certification and standards organisations
- Fisheries and aquaculture managers
- Food safety regulators and nutritional and health experts
- Researchers and students in fisheries science and food technology
- Entrepreneurs, online platforms and retailers
- Wholesalers, distributors and logistics providers
- Anyone interested in seafood innovations, ocean sustainability and best aquaculture practices.
Held in Asia for the first time, the World Seafood Congress 2019 will bring together leaders of the global seafood industry and the latest in seafood supply chain innovation and technologies under one roof.
Join us in Penang this September 2019 for a 3-day event featuring the latest trends in seafood industry. Meet inspirational entrepreneurs and researchers who are changing the future of the aquaculture technology and sustainable seafood and take part in important discussions you can’t afford to miss as an industry practitioner.
Major issues at the forefront of the agenda includes what industry 4.0 means for our sector, nurturing future global seafood leaders and finding balance between business profitability and resource sustainability.